Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pecan Pie Muffins

Often, when I get the urge to bake, I want to make something new, but only with what ingredients I have on hand. I have a serious dislike for going grocery shopping, mostly because I feel like I have to do it all the dang time! So I was looking through recipes that I had starred for future use, and found these that I had saved from Tasty Kitchen. Pecan Pie Muffins. I like muffins, I like pecan pie. Combine the two and...

Pecan Pie Muffins by freshfromthe.com

I'm not sure how to describe these. Are they a dessert? Are they a breakfast? I suppose you could do either. I was wishing I had some whipped cream or even some ice cream, because that would have been a good topper.  As it is, they are pretty sweet and also very filling, so in that respect - a good breakfast. On to the recipe...

Pecan Pie Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
  • ½ cups All-purpose Flour
  • 1 cup Chopped Pecans
  • ⅔ cups Softened Butter
  • 2 whole Eggs Beaten
Preheat oven to 350 F.

Grease your muffin pan or use silicone cups.

In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour and pecans. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and eggs together until smooth. Stir into the dry ingredients just until combined. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Cups should be about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks when done.


Here are the dry ingredients all mixed together. I broke up the pecans by hand so they might be smaller bits if you use a food processor or some such.


The butter and the eggs all whisked together.


Mix the wet ingredients in with your dry until just combined.


Greased muffin pan. As you can see, for me it made eight.

Pecan Pie Muffins by freshfromthe.com

And, voila! I let them sit in the pan for a bit, then just turned it over onto the grate and flipped them over. They came out of the pan just fine.

2 comments:

  1. how'd they taste? I have all those ingredients except pecans...maybe I can sub almonds! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're good but they didn't blow my mind or anything. You can probably sub almonds, any nut (except for peanuts!) would probably be okay.

    ReplyDelete